Digital Landing Page
You asked. We listened. We acted.
Whether you are a fan of online banking via a desktop or you’re an avid user of the SEFCU mobile app, we’re committed to improving your digital banking experience. You deserve the best options for managing your finances quickly and conveniently, wherever and whenever you want. We’ve listened to your suggestions and are pleased to announce that this month we are introducing a new mobile app and online banking experience designed with you in mind.
This new digital banking experience will continue to have the same features and functionality that you use today, plus new tools and services designed to make it easier for you to access and manage your money — anytime, anywhere. As always, our goal is to provide our members and small-businesses with the most convenient online and mobile experience.
When the New Digital Banking Experience launches, you will be able to reach a representative around the clock!
- Mobile app/online banking chat 24/7
- By phone at 1-877-820-2370: Monday – Friday 6 a.m. 9 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
In the meantime, please continue to use SEFCU’s Mobile app and online banking to manage your accounts, check balances, deposit checks, and more.
As we work to make the New Digital Banking Experience available for members, there will be a short period of time when some services are unavailable. Below is a list of important dates when services will be interrupted.
Here are the important dates that you need to know:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12
|External Loan Payments. If you have existing scheduled payments set up, those payments will continue to process during this time, but you will not be able to make changes to payments or set up new payments from external accounts.|
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13
|Scheduled Transfers. Already scheduled transfers will process as usual, but you will not be able to make changes or set up new ones until the new system launches.|
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15
|Secure Email will be unavailable. You can still reach our Member Solutions Center by phone.|
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17
|Bill Pay, Popmoney®, and Transfer Funds. For current Bill Pay users, existing payments will process as scheduled during this time. Bill Pay for current users will be unavailable beginning October 17 and will become available later that week. Bill Pay will be free in the New Digital Banking Experience and current Bill Pay users will see all of their bills, payments, and settings upon logging into Bill Pay.|
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18
|SMS Text Banking will be unavailable.|
THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 17
|SEFCU's New Digital Banking experience is available! On Launch Day, If you already enrolled, use the password you already set up. If you haven't enrolled, read the Account Access FAQs below.|
- Free Bill Pay
- Access your credit report and score, and take advantage of credit monitoring and other resources with Credit Journey
- Real-time external transfer options
- Additional real-time alerts
- Personalized loan offers
- Transaction categorization and spend analytics
- Assess your financial wellness and set savings goals
- Call, chat, or video chat with a representative
- Self-serve help content
- Card Management (formerly called Card Controls) now available on desktop, too
- Transfer Funds, Popmoney®, and linked external accounts now available in the Mobile app, too
- Improved transaction descriptions and search filters
- Personalize your online/mobile experience
Some things will not transfer over to the new platform automatically, and you will need to set them up manually:
- Password (if you have not pre-enrolled in the New Digital Banking Experience)
- Enable your mobile phone for text alerts, notifications, and/or Text Banking
- Any account alerts and notifications
- Any Card Management (formerly called Card Controls) alerts
- Any linked external accounts for viewing in your Accounts widget
No action needed
What automatically carries over:
- SEFCU accounts and balances
- Transaction history
- Pending transactions
- Bill Pay user preferences (billers, recurring bills, eBills)
- Scheduled SEFCU transfers & loan payments
- Profile user preferences (contact info, account nicknames)
- Transaction restrictions you set up in Card Management (formerly called Card Controls)
- eStatements user preferences and history
- External accounts for SEFCU loan payments, Transfer Funds, and Popmoney®
- EZCard user preferences and alerts
- Credit Card Reward (Preferred Points) balances and history
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Who can I contact for help accessing my accounts?
A. When the New Digital Banking Experience launches, you will be able to reach a representative around the clock!
- Mobile app/online banking chat 24/7
- By phone at 1-877-820-2370: Monday – Friday 6 a.m. 9 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Q. Can I use the same password when enrolling in the New Digital Banking Experience?
A. You will need to use your existing username and password when enrolling and you may be able to reuse the same password as long as it meets security requirements. (See below for password requirements.)
- Q. What are the password requirements for the New Digital Banking Experience?
A. Below are the requirements for the New Digital Banking Experience.
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Passwords cannot contain your account number or name
- Passwords must be between 8 and 20 characters long
- Passwords must contain at least one number
- Passwords must contain at least one letter
- Passwords may also include these special characters: [email protected]#$%^&*+=
- Passwords may not be the same as your previous five passwords (Your first password, when enrolling, can be the same as your current password if it meets the requirements above.)
- Q: Can I use the same username that I have today?
A: Yes, you can use the same username unless you’d like to update that as well. If you are choosing a new username, it must be at least eight characters long.
- Q: What are the browser/device/software requirements that support the new online banking and mobile app?
- Google Chrome: Latest 2 versions
- Firefox: Latest 2 versions
- Microsoft Edge: Latest 2 versions
- Safari: Last 2 major versions or 1 major version if over 1 year old
- Chrome for Android: Last 2 major versions
- Mobile Safari for IOS: Last 2 major versions
- Q. What if I’m sharing a login with someone?
A. As of April 2019, all members have access to their own personal online banking platform. If you have not already, we strongly recommend you register for and use your own login. Many of the new features within online banking are personalized for you and a personal login provides the best member experience.
- Q. How do I enroll in the New Digital Banking Experience and what do I need to have?
A. Once the New Digital Banking Experience is available, Mobile users can download our new app from the Apple Store or Google Play and then complete the enrollment process. Desktop and laptop users can enter your current username and password in the log in box on sefcu.com. In addition to your current log in credentials, please make sure you also have your member number* and your Social Security Number/Tax ID.
- Q. I have been locked out or do not have the information required to complete my enrollment.
A. Contact one of our Digital Specialists at 877-820-2370 for further assistance. Once the New Digital Banking Experience is available, representatives are available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Q. Am I required to download the new Mobile app to enroll?
A. Once the New Digital Banking Experience is available, enrollment can be completed on a desktop/laptop or via the new Mobile app. NOTE: If you enroll on the Mobile app your new username and password will carry over if you want to log in on desktop/laptop and vice versa.
- Q. Why do you need my Social Security Number (SSN) to complete the enrollment process?
A. Your SSN is required so we can properly identify you and your accounts for the new system. The site in which you are enrolling is a secure site. If you are ever unsure of a source that is asking you for personal information, contact the company through a different channel to verify the validity of the request.
- Q. What if I am not currently a SEFCU online or Mobile app user?
A. If you are not yet a SEFCU online banking user, call us at 1-877-820-2370 and we will help you enroll.
Q. I have different log ins for multiple accounts. Do I need to enroll each account?A. Yes. You will need to enroll each account for which you have a username and password.
- Q. Will my current Account Alerts carry over with the upgrade?
A. Alerts will not carry over. We recommend you review and make note of your current alerts so that you can set them up within the new platform once it is available.
- Q. What alerts can I set up for my accounts?
A. The following alerts can be set up for your deposit accounts:
- Deposit and withdrawal activity
- Balance changes
- Balance summary
- Cleared checks
- Debit Card purchases (checking accounts only)
- Insufficient funds
- Transaction descriptions
You can also set alerts for your Savings Goals, Remote Check Deposit Activity, Transfer Activity, and Login Activity!
ACCOUNTS AND TRANSACTIONS
- Q. Why are debit transaction descriptions different than before?
A. For debit card purchases, transaction descriptions are simplified so the merchant name is more easily recognizable to assist you in monitoring purchases and spotting fraudulent transactions.
- Q. I used to be able to view my account balances without signing in, why is this feature not available anymore?
A. This feature is no longer available via iPhone/Android platforms, however there is a new feature called Snapshot that is available with our new Mobile app. If enabled, Snapshot allows you to view the balances and recent transaction history of any accounts you’d like to see. You can view Snapshot on the login screen of your app anytime without signing in.
- Q. How do I set up Snapshot?
A. To set up Snapshot, log into your account on the Mobile app. Then, go to Settings > Snapshot and enable the feature. Next, you can enable the accounts you’d like to view in Snapshot by toggling the appropriate accounts on.
- Q. Why are my closed accounts visible?
A. Previously you had hidden closed accounts so they were not visible. If you do not wish to view these accounts on the new platform, you will need to re-hide them. You have two options to hide these accounts.
- On the dashboard: if you hide them on the dashboard you will no longer see them on the dashboard.
- On the Accounts screen: If you hide an account at the account level it will no longer show in the app/online banking.
APPLE DEVICES WITH IOS 12 or OLDER
- Q: Why do I need certain software to access your new Mobile app?
A: Many newer applications are beginning to sunset software versions used by older phones because of the security risks involved with patching updates to various software versions.
- Q: What if I choose not to/am unable to update my iPhone software?
A: You will still be able to access your SEFCU accounts by visiting sefcu.com and logging in from our home screen on any device’s browser.
- Q: What’s the difference between the Mobile app and online banking via browser?
A: Both versions offer nearly all the same features and functionality once logged in and your experience and navigation will also be very similar. The online banking platform is mobile-responsive so the size of the page will adjust to the size of your device’s screen for optimal viewing.
- Q: When do I have to update my software and/or phone to ensure I can use the Mobile app?
A: We would recommend doing so as soon as possible. The date which we will be changing to our new online banking platforms is planned for the week of October 17, but the date is not yet available. We will be communicating regularly via email, social media, and on our website (sefcu.com/digital) to inform you of important updates.
- Q. Will my Bill Pay transactions and billers need to be set up again?
A. No. While the appearance of the Mobile app and online banking will change slightly, all billers, accounts, and scheduled payments will be carried over to the New Digital Banking Experience.
- Q. How do I access Bill Pay?
A. From your Dashboard, select the “Bill Pay” widget (you may need to click More to find Bill Pay, depending on how you have personalized your dashboard).
- Q. Will I have to setup eBills again?
A. Members currently enrolled in eBills will not be required to setup eBills in the new platform. An eBill (electronic bill) is an electronic version of a paper bill which can be viewed and paid via the Bill Pay widget (icon). eBills are only compatible with companies that have been designated as an eBill provider (Verizon Wireless, Discover, Home Depot, etc.).
Q: I want to register for Bill Pay but do not see the option in online banking.A: Beginning October 11, Bill Pay registration will be temporarily suspended to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. Once the new platform launches, you will be able to log in and register for Bill Pay. Great news – our new digital banking platform offers Bill Pay for free to all members!
CARD MANAGEMENT (Previously Card Controls)
- Q. Do all my settings in Card Management carry over?
A. All of your transaction restriction rules will carry over and do not require any action by you. However, Card Management Alerts will not carry over and will require you to set them up again.
- Q. What can I do within this widget?
A. This widget gives you the ability to order new checks and place a stop payment on a single check or range of checks (applicable fees apply).
- Q. Why did I receive an error message when placing a check order?
A. If you haven’t placed a Harland Clarke check order through SEFCU in the last two years you will receive the following error when you click the “Order Checks” button: “We’ve located your routing number, but don’t recognize your account number.” If you receive this error, please start a chat or call the Member Solutions Center to order checks. After this order, you will be able to complete your own orders via online banking moving forward.
CREDIT CARDS AND PREFERRED POINTS
- Q. Will my credit card alerts carry over to the new platform?
A. Any alerts setup within the eZCard platform will carry over and will not require any action by you. Alerts setup within Card Management (previously known as Card Controls) will need to be set up again. Please visit the Card Management section of the FAQ for more information about these alerts.
- Q. Will my Preferred Points carry over?
A. Yes, all accrued Preferred Points will carry over and be viewable within the new system.
- Q. How do I access eZCard and Preferred Points in the new platform?
A. Locate the eZCard widget from your Dashboard (you may need to click More to find eZCard, depending on how you have personalized your dashboard).
- Q. What features are available to me within Credit Journey?
A. This widget offers many free services to you! You can check your credit score, monitor your credit report, and access other credit resources.
Q. What credit bureau does Savvy Money use to pull credit information?A. Information presented in Savvy Money is pulled from your TransUnion® credit report. NOTE: Utilizing this feature will not negatively impact your credit score
Q. What if my credit information is incorrect?A. Any errors should be disputed with the TransUnion® credit reporting agency, which can be initiated within Savvy Money.
- Q. Will I still be able to deposit checks in the new system using my app or desktop?
A. Yes, this feature will be available to you in the new system and has been improved to offer you a better experience by providing a history of recently deposited checks and an automatic photo option to take a picture of the check. Go to the Deposit widget (or Mobile Deposit widget if you are using the app) to begin your deposit.
- Q. Will my check deposit history carry over to the new online banking system?
A. No, your history will not be available. All deposits made once the new platform is available will be tracked in your deposit history. You can refer to your checking account’s transaction history to view past check deposits.
- Q. What features does the Financial Wellness widget offer?
A. Within the Financial Wellness widget, you can track your spending, set savings goals, categorize your purchases and payments, and assess your financial health using free tools and resources.
- Q. What if a transaction is categorized incorrectly?
A. You can change the category assigned to the transaction to best fit the purpose of the transaction. To change the category, locate the transaction and click the currently assigned category name underneath it. A slide out will open that allows you to change the category and indicate if you want the new category to apply to all future transactions from that merchant or not.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
- Q: I have accounts with SEFCU. How do I register for online banking?
A: Registration for new online banking users is temporarily unavailable as we prepare to launch the New Digital Banking Experience. Please add your name to sefcu.com/register and once we launch the New Digital Banking Experience we will send you an email so you can enroll.
- Q: Can I still log in as an existing member if online registration is temporarily suspended?
A: Yes, this only impacts members who are not yet online banking users. You can continue to log in using your current username and password during this time.
- Q: As a current Bill Pay user, am I affected by the Bill Pay registration freeze?
A: No, current Bill Pay members are not affected by the October 11 registration freeze, but please review the important dates at the top of the page for other brief Bill Pay service interruptions.
- Q: Why can’t I find SEFCU’s current Mobile app in my app store?
A: SEFCU's current Mobile app has been removed from the app store to prepare for the launch of the New Digital Banking Experience. Please wait until the new platform is available to download the new app. In the meantime, you can continue to log into your SEFCU online banking account via desktop or laptop.
- Q: Why can’t I view, add, or edit my External Loan Payments?
A: Beginning October 12, the External Loan Payment interface within online banking will be temporarily unavailable to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. Your scheduled payments will be processed as normal, but you will not be able to add or edit any new payments. The Member Solutions Center can initiate a one-time External Loan Payment by phone, should you need to make a payment during this time.
- Q: Will I lose my External Loan Payment accounts with the launch of the new platform?
A: No, your External Loan Payment accounts and scheduled transfers will carry over to the new platform and you will be able to resume adding and editing new payments when it launches the week of October 17.
- Q: I want to make a payment to a SEFCU loan from an external account, how do I do that?
A: Beginning October 12, that feature within online banking will be temporarily suspended. Please contact the Member Solutions Center to set up a one-time payment from another financial institution.
- Q: Why can’t I view, add, or edit my scheduled transfers?
A: Beginning October 13, the scheduled transfers feature will be temporarily unavailable to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. Your scheduled transfers will process as normal during this time, but you will not be able to add new, or edit existing transfers.
- Q: Will my scheduled transfers carry over to the new platform?
A: Yes, all scheduled transfers will carry over and will not require you to set them up again.
- Q: Why can’t I access my secure email?
A: Beginning October 15, secure email will be temporarily unavailable to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. To get help from a SEFCU representative during this time, please contact the Member Solutions Center.
- Q: Will my secure email history carry over to the new platform?
A: No, your message history will not transfer over. You will be able to use Message Center to send and receive new secure messages once the new platform launches.
- Q: Why can’t I access my Bill Pay?
A: Beginning October 17, Bill Pay will be temporarily suspended to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. All scheduled payments will continue to process as normal during this time. You will be able to access your Bill Pay again when the new platform is available to log into. Great news – with the new platform Bill Pay will be free for all members!
- Q: Will my Bill Pay information carry over to the new platform?
A: Yes, all Bill Pay scheduled payments, biller information, and settings will carry over to the new platform and will require no additional action by you. Great news – with the new platform Bill Pay will be free for all members!
- Q: Why can’t I access my Transfer Funds feature to make/view/edit my external transfers?
A: Beginning October 17, the Transfer Funds feature will be temporarily unavailable to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. All scheduled transfers will continue to process as normal during this time. You will be able to access Transfer Funds again when the new platform is available to log into. Great news – there are new transfer options that come with the new platform!
- Q: Why can’t I access my Popmoney® feature to make/view/edit transfers to other people?
A: Beginning October 17, the Popmoney feature will be temporarily disabled to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. All scheduled transfers using this service will continue to process as normal during this time. You will be able to access Popmoney again when the new platform is available to log into. Great news – there are new transfer options that come with the new platform!
- Q: Why can’t I get balances, recent transactions, or be able to transfer funds via Text Banking?
A: Beginning October 18, our Text Banking feature will be disabled to prepare for the launch of our new digital banking platform. During this time, you can use the mobile app or log in on a browser to get this information. The phone number and service options for Text Banking will be changing with the new platform. Check out the Text Banking FAQ section for more information.
MESSAGE CENTER AND NEW SUPPORT CHANNELS
- Q. What new ways can I get help within the new platform?
A. When logging into online banking on a browser, you will notice that each screen has a “Help” button. Visit the help section to read step-by step instructions on how to navigate and perform activities within the screen you’re on.
- Q. What new ways can I contact SEFCU within the new platform?
A. Our new platform provides live voice or video conferencing options, an improved chat feature, and screen sharing, or co-browsing, support so SEFCU employees can securely view your screen and guide you with step-by-step navigation.
- Q. How do I start a chat?
A. Click the “Let’s Talk” bubble icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen to initiate the type of chat session you’d like to have.
- Q. Where do I find step-by-step instruction guides within the new platform?
A. When you’re on a widget page, look for the “Help” button in the top right-hand corner of the page. Click there to learn about different functionality and navigation within that widget.
MONEY TRANSFERS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL TRANSFERS)
- Q. Will I have to set up my existing scheduled transfers again?
A. No. All existing scheduled transfers will be converted to the new online banking platform.
- Q. What is the difference between the External Transfers widget and “Loan Payment – Add External Account” option within the Transfers widget?
A. The “Loan Payment – Add External Account” option within Transfers widget should only be used to make a SEFCU loan payment from another financial institution. The External Transfers widget is intended to be used to set up links and make transfers to and from accounts you own within and outside of SEFCU.
- Q. Do I have to set up my existing external account(s) for SEFCU loan payments again?
A. No, external accounts set up to pay a SEFCU loan will carry over to the new online banking system and will be available in your “Transfer From” account list.
- Q. Did my previously added External Transfer accounts and scheduled payments carry over?
A. Yes. You should be able to use your previously linked external accounts without reconfirmation and all external scheduled transfers/payments were converted to the New Digital Banking Experience. These accounts can be found in the External Transfers widget.
- Q. Can I make a transfer to and from an external account?
A. Yes. You can make a transfer to and from external accounts using the External Transfers widget. In order to transfer money between accounts, you will need to first set the external account up within the External Transfers widget. This process will take 1-3 business days as the setup will require you to verify small trial deposits made within the external account. Please visit our Fee Schedule for information about the cost of this service.
- Q. Are transfers immediate?
A. The following transfer types can be completed in real-time:
- SEFCU to SEFCU transfers and loan payments
- External transfers to accounts you own at other financial institution (additional fee may be applicable)
Sending or Requesting money using the Send Money widget and Loan Payments using an External Account are not immediate.
- Q. Does the New Digital Banking Experience offer new features/benefits?
A. There are a number of new benefits that members can enjoy with the New Digital Banking Experience.
- Free Bill Pay
- Enhanced Remote Deposit experience
- View your credit score, get tips to improve your credit score and financial health
- More convenient ways to get help and to contact SEFCU for further assistance
- New options to customize your navigation and platform appearance
- More real-time transfer options
- Set and track savings goals and monitor your spending trends
- Q. What is the new feature called that will provide access to my credit score?
A. Credit Journey (powered by Savvy Money) is a new, free service available to members who use the Mobile app or online banking. This service provides:
- Current and previous credit scores
- Credit worthiness rating
- Credit utilization stats
- Number of recent credit inquiries
- Recommended actions to improve your credit score
Visit the Credit Journey FAQ section to learn more.
- Q. What are widgets?
A. Widgets are the tiles to the left-hand side (for desktop users) or bottom (for mobile users) of your screen that are titled with different services and functions of the new online banking platform.
- Q. What if I want to change the widgets on my home screen?
A. Great news, you can customize the widgets that appear on your dashboard! Go to the Widget Options to favorite and reorder all available widgets. Favoriting a widget will display it on your dashboard.
- Q. Will my statement delivery preferences (paper or electronic) carry over to the new platform?
A. Yes, all statement preferences will remain in effect and do not require any action by you.
- Q. Will there be a new way to access eStatements?
A. While the navigation from online banking to eStatements will be slightly different, there are no changes to how you will view eStatements. You can make the eStatement widget a favorite so that it is always displayed on your dashboard for easy access.
QUICK APPLY and MY OFFERS
- Q. What can I apply for in Quick Apply?
A. Apply for an auto loan, credit card, personal loan or line of credit, or Home Equity using our Quick Apply tool. You can now also apply for a new deposit account (Savings, checking, or share certificate) using this widget.
- Q. What is in the My Offers widget?
A. Within My Offers, you will find personalized loan offers and rates that you can click to accept or apply for.
- Q: Will I need to register for Text Banking again in the new system?
A: Yes, you will need to re-establish your mobile phone as SMS enabled and indicate “I want text banking.” You can do this within the app or on a desktop by visiting Settings > Contact > Mobile.
Q: Is the number for Text Banking changing?A: Yes, the new number is 365247.
- Q: What are the codes I can use in Text Banking?
- BAL: Returns balance information for each account that you have not “hidden” within Online or Mobile banking
- BAL CHK: Returns balance information for each checking account that you have not “hidden” within Online or Mobile banking
- BAL INV: Returns balance information for each investment account that you have not “hidden” within Online or Mobile banking
- BAL LOAN: Returns balance information for each loan account that you have not “hidden” within Online or Mobile banking
- BAL SAV: Returns balance information for each savings account that you have not “hidden” within Online or Mobile banking
- Q: Will my Text Banking transfer and transaction history still be available?
A: Transfer and transaction history feature will no longer be offered in Text Banking. A great alternative to Text Banking for transaction history is a new feature called Snapshot. This feature allows you to view the balances of as many accounts as you enable without having to sign into your account.
- Q: Will Text Banking recent transactions and transfer options be made available again at a later time?
A: At this time, the transfer and transaction history features are not expected to be made available.
- Q: Will Text Banking be unavailable for a period of time before the new system launches?
A: Yes, Text Banking will be unavailable beginning October 18. We expect this interruption in service to last no more than 24 hours.
WHY ARE THESE CHANGES HAPPENING?
- Q. What is the New Digital Banking Experience?
A. This is our new and improved platform for online banking and the Mobile app. You will have access to the same great features and services you’ve come to love, with the addition of greater functionality, more reliability, and new services that will further improve your experience.
- Q. Why are these changes being made?"
A. SEFCU strives to offer new and improved services to our members whenever possible. While you will still have the same features you use frequently, we are introducing new features to our online banking platforms that will better serve you from wherever you are banking!