Wire transfers offer a fast, safe way to move money from one person (or company) to another.
Depending on your line of work or other personal circumstances, there may be a number of reasons why you need to move funds quickly. Wire transfers can help you move money without a hassle. And, with SEFCU's wire transfer process you can authorize your request electronically.
Need to wire money? Here's how!
- Call SEFCU's Member Solutions Center at 800-727-3328
- Request the wire transfer and provide the required information
- Watch for an email, answer the required security questions, and then electronically sign the form authorizing the transfer
- SEFCU will then process your wire transfer
Prefer to stop by the branch to request the wire transfer? No problem! Staff will walk you through the process and help you authorize the transaction.
Outgoing wire transfers
Information you will need when requesting a domestic wire transfer:
- Your SEFCU member number
- A valid, government-issued photo ID (only when initiating a wire transfer at a branch)
- Email address (if you have one)
- The receiving financial institution's name, address, ABA/Routing number
- The beneficiary's name, physical address (no P.O. boxes), phone number, and complete bank account number
Information you will need when requesting an international wire transfer:
- The receiving bank's name, address, swift code, BIC (branch identifier)
- The beneficiary's name, physical address (no P.O. boxes), phone number, and complete bank account number/IBAN
- The reason/purpose that you are wiring money
Incoming wire transfers
To have money wired to your SEFCU account, please provide the sender with the following information:
- Your name, address, member number, and account type (savings, checking, etc.)
- SEFCU's name as the receiving financial institution and address:
- 700 Patroon Creek Boulevard, Albany, NY 12206
- SEFCU's routing number: 221373383
Review SEFCU's fee schedule