2022 Tax Information

person using calculator

It's that time of year again!
As you prepare your taxes, review this information. Tax forms are mailed at the end of January, so please wait for them before you file your taxes. If you enrolled in eStatements and opted to receive your tax statements electronically, you can access them by logging into online banking. Click here for instructions.

Looking to print tax forms from your mobile device? Follow the instructions below:

  1. Log into your account via sefcu.com from your mobile browser
  2. From the menu bar, tap "My eStatement Portal" from the My Accounts dropdown
  3. Tap on View Statements and select the "Tax Documents" option from the drop down to view your latest tax documents.
  4. Tap on the tax document you wish to print. It will open in a new window. Tap the share tray and select Print.

NEW! As of August 1, 2022, Capital Communications FCU (CAP COM) and State Employees FCU (SEFCU) merged to become Broadview Federal Credit Union.

When you file your return, include the new name “Broadview FCU f/k/a SEFCU” as noted on your credit union tax document(s).

If you use an electronic tax filing service such as Turbo Tax, stored information from prior years may be inaccurate. Be sure to update your return with information from the tax form to avoid any complications.

You may receive multiple tax forms if you had:
• More than one account at either CAP COM FCU and/or SEFCU 
• An account and/or mortgage at both CAP COM FCU and SEFCU

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why am I getting a tax form with the Broadview name?
A. Your tax forms this year will list your financial institution as Broadview FCU, formerly known as (f/k/a) SEFCU. This is because the combined entity of CAP COM and SEFCU uses SEFCU's Federal Employer Identification Number with the IRS, while the Broadview name change with the IRS is still in process.

Q. Why am I receiving these forms this year?
A. In prior years, members would only receive tax forms when dividends earned equaled $10 or more. This year, we are issuing 1099-INT forms for any amount of dividends earned. Please be sure to report all dividends even if they are less than $10.  

Q. Do I need to report all dividend earnings?
A. If you received a 1099-INT form, the dividends listed on the form(s) were reported to the IRS.  According to the IRS, “You must report all taxable and tax-exempt interest on your federal income tax return, even if you don't receive a Form 1099-INT.” Please consult federal and state tax resources for further information.

Q. Has the direct deposit info for my refund changed? 
A. No, the direct deposit information remains the same. However, it’s best to verify your direct deposit information at the time you file your taxes. You can find your account number in your online account or refer to the middle set of digits between the symbols at the bottom of your check. Learn more.  

Q. What if my address on the tax documents is incorrect? 
A. No action is necessary if the address on your tax documents isn’t your current address. File your taxes as you normally would and update your address with us as soon as possible.

Do you have further questions about the tax document(s) you received or the information provided above? Please contact our team for assistance.