With just a few days left in the holiday shopping season, many people turn to online shopping to check off the remaining items on their shopping lists. Learn how to protect yourself from fraud with these helpful tips:
- Don’t store your PIN or debit or credit card information on your phone or tablet. Mobile devices are common targets for thieves.
- Have items shipped to a secure location.
- Make sure the site you are using is secure. Check to see that the site has a lock symbol in the URL or that the URL address has "https" in it.
- Don’t save your credit card information on your accounts. While it may be convenient to store personal and payment information in your online accounts, some retail websites may not be equipped to secure your information.
- Use SEFCU Card Controls to receive real-time notifications about transactions.
- Use a digital wallet app to increase transaction security. Connecting your SEFCU credit or debit card to Apple Pay or Google Pay is easy!
- Never make purchases through an unsecured, public WiFi network.
- Enroll in eStatements. Paper financial statement delivered to your mailbox often include your name, address, and other account information.
- Contact SEFCU at 800-727-3328 to report a lost/stolen SEFCU debit or credit card.
- If you suspect you're a victim of fraud, contact SEFCU's Member Solutions Center at 800-727-3328.
For more information and tips to protect your confidential information visit SEFCU’s Privacy & Security Center.