Take Control of Your Healthcare Dollars
HSAs are the only federal savings vehicle that deliver a triple tax advantage* because your contributions, withdrawals, and investment gains are all tax-free.
A SEFCU Health Savings Account (HSA) lets you control your healthcare dollars, you decide how and when you spend your money. HSAs work in conjunction with any High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). You pay lower monthly insurance premiums in exchange for paying higher out-of-pocket expenses up front. There are many advantages:
- Tax Savings: Contributions, qualified withdrawals, and asset growth are all free.
- Control: With your HSA account, you decide when and how to contribute, where to invest your funds, and when to use them.
- Portability: Your HSA account follows you everywhere. Even if you move, change jobs, or choose a different healthcare provider.
- Flexibility: Use your HSA to pay for any qualified healthcare expense, including those not covered by traditional health plans.
- Affordability: Depending on your needs, an HDHP with lower premiums can mean lower healthcare expenses.
- Accessibility: If you are underinsured or self-employed, an HSA/HDHP plan may allow you to finally afford comprehensive health coverage.
For 2014, the minimum out-of-pocket deductible is $1,250 for individuals and $2,500 for families. Best of all, any funds that remain in your HSA at the end of the year are yours to keep for future medical expenses.
*Consult your tax advisor for details.
Find out how to open an HSA today!
View HSA eligibility requirements.
The most convenient way to pay for your healthcare expenses.
Earn more on your money now and use HSA Share Certificates to pay for healthcare expenses.
Find out why you should offer HSAs to your employees.
Learn the ins and outs of transferring HSAs.
View and print HSA forms here.
Get the facts about HSAs.
Learn what employers need to know about HSAs.
Get important tax information here.