Is your inbox full of crazy claims? Scammers have become pretty sophisticated when it comes to getting your attention - and - your sensitive information.
Keep your guard up, especially if you receive an email for:
- A free credit report: They might be trying to get your bank account info or Social Security Number.
- Free internet services (like internet acceleration or virus scanning): When you follow their directions, you could inadvertently reconfigure your browser and allow them to decrypt your sensitive data.
Our best advice:
- Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails, no matter how great that offer seems.
- Verify that the sender’s email address matches the company’s website.
- For an actual free credit report, visit annualcreditreport.com.